Retrieve softpaq (EXE) from ftp.hp.com or an alternate server.
Get-Softpaq [-number] <String> [[-saveAs] <String>] [[-friendlyName]] [[-quiet]] [[-overwrite] <String>] [[-action] <String>] [[-url] <String>] [[-keepInvalidSigned]] [[-maxRetries] <Int32>] [<CommonParameters>]
This function downloads a softpaq from a the default download server (ftp.hp.com) or an alternate server. When using the default location, the download is performed over HTTPS, otherwise the protocol is dictated by the URL parameter.
- number <String>: The softpaq number for which to retrieve the metadata. Do not include prefix such as SP or extension such as .exe, specify the softpaq number only.
- saveAs <String>: Provide a specific name for the saved softpaq, otherwise it is inferred based on the remote name or the softpaq metadata if -friendlyName is specified.
- friendlyName <SwitchParameter>: Create a friendly name for the downloaded softpaq, based on the softpaq number and title.
- quiet <SwitchParameter>: Suppress non-errors such as download progress and other messages.
- overwrite <String>: This parameter controls the overwrite behavior. Options may be "no" to not overwrite existing files, "yes" to force overwrite, and "skip" to skip existing files without an error. Default is 'no' if overwrite is not specified.
- action <String>: Perform a specific action after install. The action may be "install" or "silentinstall" currently. Silentinstall information is retreived from the softpaq metadata (CVA) file.
- url <String>: specify an alternate location for the softpaq URL. This URL must be http, https, or ftp. The softpaqs are expected to be at the location pointed to by this URL. If not specified, ftp.hp.com is used via HTTPS protocol.
- keepInvalidSigned <SwitchParameter>: this function performs an Authentictode signature check after a download, and deletes any downloaded file with invalid or missing signture. Use this flag to keep the file that failed the signature.
- maxRetries <Int32>:
PS C:\>Get-Softpaq 1234