How to Install HPLIP Using the Automatic Installer
Many Linux distributions are equipped with a pre-packaged version of HPLIP software, therefore, you may already have HPLIP installed on your system.
Even though HPLIP is already installed on your system, you may wish to upgrade to a newer version. Additionally, you may wish to have the latest version if you have a newer printer, a need for a new feature, or would like a bug fix that is contained in the newest version. If so, click HERE to find out how to auto-install HPLIP.
A few items to note about what the Automatic Installation process provides:
- Automatic compilation and installaton of the HPLIP package (to the /usr/share directory)
- Installation of all options
- Removal of previous installations of HPLIP and HPOJ packages
- Assumes that all optional dependencies will be downloaded and installed
- Provides installation of required dependencies
- Asks to confirm Linux distribution
- Automatically runs the hp-setup tool to finish installation and configure your printer