Automatic Installer Won't Work In Open SuSe 10.3
When running the HPLIP automatic installer the flags for qt4 and qt3 are disabled, so under the ./configure command it shows --disable-qt4 and --disable-qt3. This will result in the installer not finishing the setup process.
1. First, ensure that you are a member of the "lp" group by following the instructions here: https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/KnowledgeBase/TroubleShooting/Printerisnotdiscovered.html.
2. Next, if you are running the installer let it unpack the hplip directory and quit when it asks if you would like to run the automatic installer.
3. Navigate to the hplip-3.9.4 directory that was downloaded through the install process.
4. Run the command: "./install.py --qt4" from this directory and follow the install procedure as normal.
5. Add the printer through the setup process as normal.