Printer cannot be added during hp-setup
When you are installing or using hp-setup the process will not complete as regular user, or when you are attempting to view the printer through lsusb it is not visible unless you are super user.
In Fedora 10, one must add the user profile to the “sys” group in order for the setup process to be completed.
This is due to a CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer error. The steps to add the user to the “sys” group via the Fedora 10 gui are as follows:
1. Click on “System” in the toolbar at the top of the screen
2. Hover over “Administration”
3. Click on “Users and Groups”
4. Enter the root password when prompted
5. You should see the account you used to log in to the system in the “User Manager”
6. Click on the account which you used to log in to the system
7. Once your account is highlighted, click on the “Properties” button in the “User Manager” window
8. Click on the “Groups” tab in the “User Properties” window
9. Scroll down and click on the “sys” check box to add the user to the “sys” group
10. Click “ok” to save your change
You will have to logout and log back in for the change to take effect. You should now be able to complete “hp-setup” as a regular user.