Getting Started with the PrintOS Print Beat API
The PrintOS Print Beat application has a RESTful API which provides an authenticated method for securely querying historic and near real-time information from Print Beat and it's embedded features like Color Beat, OEE etc.
- Visit the Authentication page.
- Follow the directions for generating a Key/Secret within your PrintOS account.
- If you are not a current PrintOS user or not working with an existing PrintOS user you can use the request form to request a development account. Provide as much detail as possible about what HP products you are working with, and what you are trying to accomplish with your solution.
- Look over the documentation regarding the HMAC authentication headers and how to generate them.
- Head to the Documentation for information about each API endpoint.
- Make API calls against your PrintOS account and see response messages from the API Test Page.
- To download code samples of authentication and API usage visit our GitHub repository.
Certain HTTP headers are required to authenticate the API calls. These headers are generated using a current timestamp following the ISO 8601 format and a Key/Secret combination. Without the headers, you will receive an authentication required error. The Key/Secret is generated from within your PrintOS account. For more in-depth information on generating these headers see the Authentication page.
Questions / Feedback:
Notice any issues or require assistance? Visit our support forums and ask any questions you have. A forum support member will usually respond within 24 hours to assist you.