Getting Started with PrintOS Box
HP PrintOS is an operating system for Print Service Providers (PSPs) of all sizes and across all segments to help them improve their operations and profitability, and drive performance and growth. PrintOS is built on industry-leading security and privacy standards, is cloud-based, IT-free, and open. And it's accessible any time, anywhere.
Not a current user of HP PrintOS? For more information on HP PrintOS and it's capabilities or to sign up for a PrintOS account click this link: Learn More about HP PrintOS
The PrintOS Box application has a RESTful API which provides an authenticated method for securely controlling features within Box such as: creating and querying information about a folder, uploading a file into Box, defining print settings and information for an uploaded file, and more.
- Visit the Authentication page.
- Request a PrintOS Account (if needed), provide as much information as possible to the request form.
- Follow the directions for generating a Key/Secret within PrintOS.
- Look over the documentation regarding the HMAC authentication headers.
- Head to the Documentation for information about each API endpoint.
- Go to the HP Inc. GitHub repository for code samples for the Authentication headers and API calls.
Certain HTTP headers are required to authenticate the API calls. These headers are generated using a current timestamp following the ISO 8601 format and a Key/Secret combination. Without the headers, you will receive an authentication required error. The Key/Secret is generated from within your PrintOS account. For more in-depth information on generating these headers see the Authentication page.
Questions / Feedback:
Notice any issues or require assistance? Visit our support forums and ask any questions you have. A forum support member will usually respond within 24 hours to assist you.