PrintOS Device APIs: A Short Introduction
By Dave S., A Founding Architect
HP PrintOS is a cloud-based system that connects HP's Graphics devices. However, we encourage other device manufacturers to connect their devices and send real-time status.
Connect to PrintOS
We have APIs that enable you as a device manufacturer to connect your devices easily to PrintOS. Sample code for these device APIs are available on Github at https://github.com/HPInc/printos-device-api-example-java. You will also find it here on the portal on the PrintOS Device API page.
Dave's 8-minute tutorial video
See the Readme file for details on how to configure and run it. This video (8:30) provides a quick overview with example code:
Visit PrintOS on the HP Developers Portal
See https://developers.hp.com/printos/device-api for the detailed API documentation.
Other popular posts on the HP Developer Portal
- 7 Reasons Scala is better than Java...so why is Java winning?
- Print Fundamental Tutorials for Developers (Print good looking web pages)
- Crock Pot Lady monetizes recipes with Menu Plan printable
- Margaret Hamilton: Our favorite woman in code history
- "No more Yoda heads!" How 3D printing is like AWS
- Bridging from DevOps to Central Ops
- 3D printing a cup of coffee? Well...almost
- Women in Computer Science dropping since 1980
- An Allegory: Paper, Screen, Monty Python and the Holy Grail