Getting Started with PrintOS Box
The PrintOS Box application has a RESTful API which provides an authenticated method for securely controlling features within Box such as: creating and querying information about a folder, uploading a file into Box, defining print settings and information for an uploaded file, and more.
- Visit the Authentication page.
- Request a PrintOS Account (if needed), provide as much information as possible to the request form.
- Follow the directions for generating a Key/Secret within PrintOS.
- Look over the documentation regarding the HMAC authentication headers.
- Head to the Documentation for information about each API endpoint.
- Go to the HP Inc. GitHub repository for code samples for the Authentication headers and API calls.
Certain HTTP headers are required to authenticate the API calls. These headers are generated using a current timestamp following the ISO 8601 format and a Key/Secret combination. Without the headers, you will receive an authentication required error. The Key/Secret is generated from within your PrintOS account. For more in-depth information on generating these headers see the Authentication page.
Questions / Feedback:
Notice any issues or require assistance? Visit our support forums and ask any questions you have. A forum support member will usually respond within 24 hours to assist you.