PROBLEM WITH MFP 1202 nw NEVERSTOP AND CUPS

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Author
Posted: 2 May 2021 - 3:39am
PROBLEM WITH MFP 1202 nw NEVERSTOP AND CUPS

Good morning, i had to install my new HP MFP 1202 nw on my Slackware.

I dont want ti use HPLIP , cause it requests severl pakages and i dont have much time.

So , for the printing i use CUP, I configure in CUPS that printer taking the PPD file

hp-neverstop_laser_mfp_120x.ppd

from the HPLIP's folder : /hplip-3.21.2/ppd/hpcups/

But when i start to printing i receive this message : "Filter failed"

and i look the driver in CUPS is :

Driver:HP Neverstop Laser MFP 120x, hpcups 3.20.3 (color)

color ? mine is b/n

so i tried another : hp-neverstop_laser_100x.ppd

but same result.

Could someone tell me the compatible ppd, or if i need install some plugin in cups? Filter?...

Thanks a lot

Author
Posted: 4 May 2021 - 1:31pm
Re: PROBLEM WITH MFP 1202 nw NEVERSTOP AND CUPS

Excuse me but i have to say, this forum is ridicolous !!!

It's not a common forum , is an HP 's forum and in some days, just three visualization and any answer !!!

Author
Posted: 5 May 2021 - 9:05am

This forum is geared towards the HP PrintOS cloud platform for commercial printing applications.  PrintOS does not support HP LaserJet products or deal with direct LINUX configurations.

I found this page on the Developer's Portal regarding CUPS:  https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing/install/step4/cups/net

If you click the support link at the top of that page there is a section to ask a question which may point you in the right direction.  My appologies, but we don't work with anything in this area of printing, so I can't provide more information than that.

Author
Posted: 5 May 2021 - 8:47am

Hello Andros976...

I am the Dev Portal editor, so I can't answer your question. (Each HP business answers its own forum questions.) But looking at your question, I suspect you placed it in the wrong forum.  I don't believe PrintOS handles CUPS.  I am asking a PrintOS person to look at your post.

Author
Posted: 5 May 2021 - 1:30pm

Hi , first of all thanks, cause someone, finally answer !!!

In my ignorance, i dont know where i have to put my question ... but

I dont think that mine is a cups' problem, or if it is , it's a HP problem too !! 

I bought an HP multifuntion and HP doesnt provide to give a simple package auto-installer for all Linux distribution,

so if you need another solution otherwise HPLIP , HP has to give support for other solution, like cups....

And finally, i solve it !! And i can say that it is an HP's problem, cause , you have to install an HP plugin :

HPLIP Plugin (Binary plugin for HP devices).

Other printers dont need it in cups, but HP yes !!! So it not depends from CUPS but from HP !!

I am very disappointed because HP is the inventor of laser printing and has always been very knowledgeable about the software. But in this case its support is poor.
I'm not angry against you but against HP !!!

Thanks for your time

bye