HP launches Tech Ventures group to invest in startups
HP Inc. – Silicon Valley's original garage startup – announced today the creation of HP Tech Ventures, a corporate venture group dedicated to finding "early stage companies with cutting edge technologies."
"The next technology revolution is shifting towards strategic markets that speak to HP's strengths," Wall said in a press release. "With our global brand and broad reach into consumer and commercial markets worldwide, HP can help startups bring product to market, build their business and scale in the global marketplace as they grow."
The 8-person Tech Ventures team, operating from Palo Alto and Tel Aviv, Israel, will be led by Andrew Bolwell, who carries the title "Chief Disrupter." The team will be looking for disruptive new technologies that can keep HP reinventing for another 75 years.
HP Tech Ventures will focus on these areas:
- 3D transformation
- Immersive computing
- Internet of things
- Artificial intelligence
- Smart machines
Contact HP Tech Ventures at: http://techventures.hp.com.
Other popular posts on the HP Developer Portal
- 7 Reasons Scala is better than Java...so why is Java winning?
- Print Fundamental Tutorials for Developers (Print good looking web pages)
- Crock Pot Lady monetizes recipes with Menu Plan printable
- Margaret Hamilton: Our favorite woman in code history
- "No more Yoda heads!" How 3D printing is like AWS
- Bridging from DevOps to Central Ops
- 3D printing a cup of coffee? Well...almost
- Women in Computer Science dropping since 1980
- An Allegory: Paper, Screen, Monty Python and the Holy Grail