What are the minimum system requirements?
- Linux kernel 2.4.19 and above (2.6.x recommended).
- GNU software tools are required to build from source code. This includes the ANSI C compiler, ANSI C++ compiler and POSIX compliant environment.
- libusb 0.1.8 or higher.
- GPL Ghostscript 7.05 or higher.
- Foomatic 3.0.2 or higher.
- Qt 3.x or higher for UI toolkit.
- PyQt 3.14 or higher for Qt wrapper for Python.
- Python 2.2 or higher and python-devel (Python 2.3+ for fax support)
- Reportlab (optional-provides fax cover page support)
- CUPS 1.1.15 or higher and cups-devel.
- libjpeg 6b or higher and libjpeg-devel.
- net-snmp 5.0.9 or higher and net-snmp-devel for network support.
- CUPS DDK 1.2 or higher for dynamic PPD support.
HPLIP has been tested on most major Linux distributions.