Link for Device SDK Version 1.1.0 Now Available
HP is pleased to announce the release of version 1.1.0 of the Link for Device SDK.
In August of this year HP announced the Developers Release of JetAdvantage Link SDKs on the Developer’s Portal, providing developers powerful and simpler ways to create print and scan integrations for end-users. We are excited to add more capabilities on our platform in our latest release, JetAdvantage Link for Device SDK version 1.1.0 (associated with the release of FutureSmart Bundle 4.7 device firmware).
Link for Device SDK (version 1.1.0):
Please note: A device firmware upgrade to FutureSmart Bundle 4.7 is required to use this SDK. Find and download the firmware here.
Download the new SDK from the Download page.
Major new features of this version include:
- Official Support of several FutureSmart 4 capable A4 Devices with a 2GB DIMM accessory. See the updated Compatible Devices page for details.
- Authentication API – Develop custom MFP authentication agents (See AuthenticationAgentOverview.pdf)
- Link Home Screen – Replace the device’s home screen with your own (See LinkHomeScreenOverview.pdf), enabling simple Kiosk applications
- Print Port Blocking – Control all printing activity by disabling printing from all external sources (See DeviceInfoSampleOverview.pdf)
- Launcher API – Launch another app with actions (com.hp.jetadvantage.link.api.launcher)
- Mass Storage API – Read/Write files from USB Mass Storage Devices and ScanTo/PrintFrom USB Mass Storage devices (See MassstorageServiceOverview.pdf)
- Additional Sample Apps:
- Alarm Manager – Demonstrates how to use the Alarm Manager to perform scheduled background tasks
- Google Sign in – Demonstrates how to perform Google Sign in (without Chrome/Google Play Services)
Other notable changes include:
- An issue with stapler options has been fixed (com.hp.jetadvantage.link.api.printer)
- Authentication using card readers (USB Devices) is not yet supported
- USB MASS storage events are not yet supported
- Launcher API cannot be used by Home Screen apps at this time
- [PRINT] TIFF/TXT should be printed with document format as “pdf”
- [PRINT] “STREAM” only allows “prn” file type