HP JetAdvantage Link for Device SDK
The HP JetAdvantage Link for Device SDK enables app developers to:
- Port an existing Android app to run on HP devices.
- Develop a new app to run directly on HP devices
- Create rich user experiences on the devices' large touch-screen displays
- Securely scan (with metadata) to any service, on premises or in the cloud, directly from the device – no middleware required
- Securely print from any service, on premises or in the cloud, directly to the device – no middleware required
- Publish your app for world-wide cloud deployment to HP devices by any channel print service provider (Note: This is the only way to deploy your apps to HP devices. Side loading is not permitted. See the Publish page for more details.)
How it Works
The HP JetAdvantage Link Platform lets you install your app on an HP printer, where users will launch and use your app right from the device's control panel. Your app will use the Link library to utilize the scanning and printing functions of the device.
You will develop your app using many of the same tools and technologies you already use to develop Android mobile apps. The device even supports remote debugging using the Link Debug Bridge (a version of ADB).