(Formerly Known as the HP JetAdvantage Link for Device SDK)
As you have probably heard by now, “HP JetAdvantage Link for Device” has officially changed its name to “HP Workpath”. It will take time for this name change to propagate through the entire ecosystem (links, portals, email templates, SDKs, library APIs, firmware EWS and front Panel, documents, etc.) and so there will be times when one reference will use “JetAdvantage Link” and another will use “Workpath”, even potentially within the same context. So we ask for your patience as we work our way through this process, using these terms interchangeably in the meantime.
The HP Workpath Platform and SDK are core components in an expanding ecosystem of printers, apps, and cloud-based management tools designed to help resellers differentiate their business and bring value to their customers through app integration. By connecting HP MFPs to third party cloud software solutions or repositories, Workpath apps offer business opportunities in the large market for print-to-digital integration, as well as creative new solutions utilizing the unique capabilities of HP printers.
The HP Workpath SDK enables app developers to:
- Port an existing Android app to run on HP devices.
- Develop a new app to run directly on HP devices
- Create rich user experiences on the devices' large touch-screen displays
- Securely scan (with metadata) to any service, on premises or in the cloud, directly from the device – no middleware required
- Securely print from any service, on premises or in the cloud, directly to the device – no middleware required
- Publish your app for world-wide cloud deployment to HP devices by any channel print service provider (Note: This is the only way to deploy your apps to HP devices. Side loading is not permitted. See the Publish page for more details.)
How it Works
The HP Workpath Platform lets you install your app on an HP printer, where users will launch and use your app right from the device's control panel. Your app will use the Workpath library to utilize the scanning and printing functions of the device.
You will develop your app using many of the same tools and technologies you already use to develop Android mobile apps. The device even supports remote debugging using the Debug Bridge (a version of ADB).