This document contains the release history for the Client Management Script Library.
- Library documentation: https://developers.hp.com/hp-client-management/doc/client-management-script-library
- Library downloads: https://www.hp.com/us-en/solutions/client-management-solutions/download.html
[1.6.8] - September 20, 2022
- [NEW] Adds New-HPSureRecoverFailoverConfigurationPayload and Get-HPSureRecoverFailoverConfiguration to support for Sure Recover OS image failover feature.
- [NEW] Adds support for Windows 11 22H2 and Windows 10 22H2 to SoftPaq and Repository functions.
- [NEW] New-HPSureRecoverConfigurationPayload - Adds support for Sure Recover new agent flag HPWolfSecurityForBusiness.
- [UPDATED] Get-HPFirmwareAuditLog - Adds new event ids.
- [FIX] Get-HPFirmwareAuditLog - Displays events in actual chronological order.
- [FIX] Fixes miscellaneous issues and documentation.
[1.6.7] - July 25, 2022
- [UPDATED] Renamed CMSL 1.6.6 to 1.6.7.
[1.6.6] - July 20, 2022
- [UPDATED] Set/Get/Remove-UEFIVariable renamed to Set/Get/Remove-HPUEFIVariable. Alias added temporarily that existing scripts can use.
- [NEW] Adds Get-HPCMSLEnvironment function to HP.ClientManagement module.
- [UPDATED] Adds -PreferLTSC switch to Add-RepositoryFilter function.
- [UPDATED] Invoke-RebootNotification - Adds new parameter -Expiration that allows users to specify the toast notification expiration time.
- [UPDATED] New-HPDriverPack and New-HPBuildDriverPack - Adds new parameter -Overwrite.
- [FIX] Fixes miscellaneous issues including documentation.
- [FIX] Icon displayed on Windows Apps & Features.
- [FIX] New-HPDriverPack and New-HPBuildDriverPack - Reduced verbosity on directory names and added a warning message when running the function on PowerShell ISE.
- [FIX] Update-HPFirmware - Added validation to FilenameHint parameter, added a warning message when it cannot be determined if it is a BIOS update or downgrade, and an error message when using offline mode to update the BIOS but neither password or payload file were specified.
[1.6.5] - May 2022
- [NEW] Adds New-HPDriverPack and New-HPBuildDriverPack functions to create INF injectable driver packs
- [FIX] Fixes email password loading on Test-RepositoryNotificationConfiguration, among other related functions
- [UPDATED] Updates Get-HPBIOSUpdates and Update-HPFirmware to support the new BIOS flash mode: SFU - Seamless Firmware Update
- [UPDATED] Updates user agent used on the HTTP requests
- [UPDATED] Updates RepositoryFilter functions and Get-SoftpaqList to validate the -OsVer parameter and allow only 1809, 1903, 1909, 2004, 2009, 21H1, 21H2
- [UPDATED] Updates Get-SoftPaqList with new -AddHttps parameter to display the URLs with https:// as a prefix
- [UPDATED] Fixes miscellaneous issues including documentation
[1.6.4] - December 2021
- [NEW] Adds support for Windows 10 v21H2 and Windows 11 v21H2.
- [NEW] Get-HPBIOSWindowsUpdate - Updates BIOS using capsules signed by Microsoft.
- [NEW] Invoke-RebootNotification - Presents a toast notification to reboot the OS.
- [NEW] Set/Get/Remove-UEFIVariable - Manages UEFI variables.
- [NEW] Add/Edit/Remove/Set-HPSureAdminDevicePermissions - Manages KMS device permissions.
- [FIX] Get-HPBIOSUpdates - Ignores retrieving current Platform ID if Platform ID is specified as a parameter.
- [FIX] Get-HPDeviceDetails - Returns 21H1 instead of 2104 for Windows 10 21H1.
- [UPDATED] Get-HPDeviceDetails - Returns BuildNumber with OSList for identification between Windows 10 and Windows 11.
- [UPDATED] New-HPSureAdmin* and New-HPSureRecover* - Supports remote signing the payloads.
- [UPDATED] Updates the KMS authentication scopes from Directory.Read.All to User.Read and GroupMember.Read.All.
- [UPDATED] CMSL installer - Adds parameters to support unpacking the modules to a folder.
- Fixes miscellaneous issues and updates documentation.
[1.6.3] - April 2021
- [NEW] Added support for windows 10 21H1 OS Version
- [NEW] Sure Admin status enhancements to provide clear status with additional information for Get-HPSureAdminState and Get-HPSecurePlatformState
- [NEW] Added a report to see what's downloaded in the repository at a glance after each Invoke-RepositorySync.
- [NEW] For Bios-cli, added support to exit with appropriate exit code when do-get() is called
- [NEW] Updated code to support TLS 1.2 or higher
- [FIX] Get-HPBIOSUpdates - Correctly return latest bios version if the platform is different than the one it's being run from
- [FIX] Get-HPBIOSUpdates - Handle corner cases with respect to querying "latest" bios version
- [FIX] Get-HPBIOSUpdates - Additional fixes for PowerShell 7 compatibility
- [FIX] Get-HPBIOSUpdates - Ignore non-firmware bin entries from data file.
- [FIX] Parsing of Repository password to send error emails. PowerShell 7 may warn about obsolete Send-MailMessage function.
- [UPDATED] Get-Softpaq documentation on how to work when coming to an obsoleted Softpaq that is not available.
- [UPDATED] Repository Log to clearly indicate when a Softpaq is already downloaded.
- [UPDATED] Get-HPFirmwareAuditLog: renamed 'raw even data' column to raw_event_data
- [UPDATED] updated code with correct PowerShell capitalization.
- [UPDATED] updated Copyright information
- [UPDATED] updated documentation for various functions
[1.6.2] - December 2020
- [FIX] Minor fix in the build to make it compliant with PS Gallery
- [FIX] Fix handling of Get-HPBIOSUpdates when installed BIOS is newer than remote BIOS
- [CHANGED] Minor documentation changes to make it more accurate
[1.6.1] - December 2020
- [New] Added support for HP Sure Admin with Key Management Service(KMS) responsible to upload Local Access Keys(LAK) to Server.
- [New] Added new category 'UWPPack' for Get-SoftpaqList.
- [New] Added new function Install-HPImageAssistant to install the latest version of HP Image Assistant HPIA
- [New] Updated Set-HPBIOSSettingValuesFromFile to process input commands like BIOS Configuration Utility(BCU) files.
- [New] Added bios-cli script back to perform various HP BIOS operation.
- [New] Added additional log messages for Get-HPFirmwareAuditLog for clearer status.
- [New] Updated Get-HPFirmwareAuditLog to show raw event data field from Audit Log.
- [New] Updated Documentation for several function with precise examples, details and recommendations on use.
- [FIX] Fixed a bug in SoftPaq download retries to retry downloads 10 times in case of a failure.
- [FIX] Fixed a bug where some BIOS versions were getting trimmed by Get-SoftpaqList.
- [FIX] Fixed a bug where Get-HPBIOSUUID had incorrect bits in UUID value.
- [FIX] Fixed a bug where Firmware Boot Logo was not being set with Set-HPFirmwareBootLogo in PowerShell7.
- [REMOVED] Removed bad parameter validation on New-HPSureRecoverConfigurationPayload.
- [CHANGED] Renamed the OSFLags parameter in New-HPSureRecoverConfigurationPayload to BIOSFlags.
[1.5.0] - July 2020
- [New] New Module - Retail. This Module provides functionality to interface with HP Retail Systems such as HP Engage Go.
- [New] New Module - Consent. This Module helps manage Consent for the HP Analytics.
- [New] Get-SoftpaqList supports filtering on a new Characteristic- 'UWP' (Universal Windows Application) to categorize SoftPaqs that contains UWP Apps.
- [New] Added support for SoftPaq Repository to add a filter and sync SoftPaqs into Repo that contains UWP Apps.
- [New] Added New-RepositoryReport function that creates a report from a repository directory in XML, JSON or CSV format.
- [New] Added various Logging related functions to write Warning, Error and Informational Log entries.
- [New] Added new switch 'PreferLTSC' for Get-SoftpaqList to get the SoftPaqs for a platform with Windows 10 LTSB/LTSC edition.
- [FIX] SoftPaq Repository Module has refined verbose with removal of unnecessary 'OK' messages.
- [FIX] Fixed a bug where SoftPaq extraction with custom destination path wasn't working when extracting at a location that had space in folder name.
- [FIX] Modified logic that updates progress bar to not be too much verbose during SofPaq download process to have faster downloads.
- [FIX] Fixed a bug where Repository was not deleting SoftPaqs that failed Signature check.
- [FIX] Fixed a bug where Ordered List setting with empty list caused formatting of Get-HPBIOSsettingsList to break
- [FIX] Fixed a bug in Set-HPBIOSSettingValuesFromFile where it was having issues reading settings from a BCU file.
[1.4.3] - March 2020
- [FIX] Fixed a bug where SoftPaq SHA256 checksum was corrupted or mishandled, causing the repository to repeatedly download the same SoftPaq.
- [FIX] Fixed a bug in HP Sure Recover support with nonce generation in regions where the decimal delimiter is a comma.
- [FIX] For HP Sure Recover support, fixed an issue with the endianness of handling x509 public keys.
[1.4.2] - March 2020
- [FIX] Fixed a bug where particular SoftPaqs were being redownloaded due to hash mismatch even though the valid SoftPaq existed.
- [FIX] Fixed a bug where the Library was throwing warning to display the progress bar for smaller sized SoftPaqs and CVA files.
[1.4.1] - February 2020
- [NEW] HP Client Management Script Library is now available in the PowerShell Gallery and can be installed via Install-Package HPCMSL
- [NOTE] This release doesn't add any features over 1.4.0 but contains metadata changes to synchronize with the PowerShell Gallery release.
[1.4.0] - February 2020
- [NEW] Support for Secure Platform Management for provisioning, de-provisioning, and retrieving the current status of provisioning.
- [NEW] Support for managing HP Sure Recover, a comprehensive and flexible Recovery solution for HP Elite Computers.
- [NEW] Repository now has a new backward-compatible structure to download additional data files to support OfflineCacheMode for HP Image Assistant under .repository/cache/offline.
- [NEW] Added explicit messages for the functions that are not supported in WinPE.
- [NEW] Out-SoftpaqField displays 'Vendor Version' information now.
- [NEW] Adds support for new BIOS category 'BIOS - System Firmware'
- [FIX] Allows Repository Syncing for the platforms without depending on their case while adding them as Filter.
- [FIX] Fixed inconsistency in Data representation for different functions i.e. Get-SoftpaqList, Out-SoftpaqField.
- [REMOVED] Removed Library Maintenance Module from the library.
[1.3.0] - November 2019
- [NEW] Support for controlling HP Sure View.
- [NEW] Support for auto-updating from the command line.
- [NEW] Get-Softpaq now has -extract switch to extract SoftPaq at desired Location.
- [NEW] Get-SoftpaqList and Add-RepositoryFilter now has new SoftPaq Categories e.g. "Manageability", "Diagnostic", "Utility", "Dock" and "Driverpack" to filter on.
- [NEW] Get-HPBiosUpdates now supports Release Type information.
- [CHANGED] The version field in add/remove programs is now 3 segments rather than four segments.
- [CHANGED] Warranty Module is removed since it's awaiting the return of the web service.
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where BIOS flash would get confused if there was a second leftover EFI partition on a second drive.
- [FIX] Fixed an issue which caused the -friendlyName switch to not work for Get-SoftpaqList
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where Get-HPDeviceDetails was not working on VM.
- [FIX] Fixed an issue with Get-HPBIOSUpdates where force flashing the BIOS wasn't working even though -Force was present.
- [FIX] Removes the unwanted exception that gets thrown after running Uninstall-CMSL
- [FIX] Prevents creating an extra file named '0' after flashing BIOS in the current directory.
- [FIX] Allows Syncing Repository behind a system proxy where ftp.hp.com is not directly reachable.
- [FIX] Support added for Invoke-RepositorySync to function if the Repository folder is in Network Path.
- [FIX] For Invoke-RepositorySync- the sync continues to work for valid platforms even if some added platforms to the Add-RepositoryFilter are invalid.
- [FIX] Added proper error messages for commands that are not supported for Legacy BIOS mode.
[1.2.1] - April 2019
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where the library could not be imported by user scripts.
- [FIX] Fixed issues related to using flash operations in Windows PE.
- [CHANGED] BIOS updates severity rating now uses values matching the SoftPaq severity rating.
[1.2.0] - March 2019
- [NEW] Get-HPDeviceBootInformation quickly identifies if a system is booted in UEFI or Legacy and whether secure boot is on.
- [NEW] Get-HPDeviceUptime retrieves when the system was booted, and how long it's been up.
- [NEW] Get-HPBIosUpdates now supports downloading and flashing BIOS, on Windows 10 1709 and later.
- [NEW] Write-HPFirmwarePassword is a utility function that can create a BiosConfigUtility-compatible password
- [NEW] Update-HPFirmware can flash the BIOS from a file (it's used by Get-HPBiosUpdates above) on Windows 10 1709 and later.
- [NEW] Added Set/Get-RepositoryConfiguration to allow configuring error handlers for repository sync
- [NEW] Write-HPFirmwarePasswordFile can create a BCU compatible password file given a plain text password
- [NEW] Repository now has an SSM characteristic for filtering purposes
- [FIX] Repository can filter per version of Windows 10, specified via osver switch
- [FIX] Reliability/concurrency improvements
- [FIX] Get-HPBIOSUpdates can handle some source files that contain Unicode BOM and were previously causing errors
- [FIX] a number of fixes around proper creation of files relative to the current working directory, when an absolute path is not specified
- [FIX] A number of improved error messages
- [FIX] Removed an unnecessary CVA (metadata) query during download, for Repository module
- [FIX] Fixed warranty module HTTP user agent
- [FIX] Removed case sensitivity when specifying SoftPaq type
- [FIX] Removed case sensitivity when specifying platform ID for BIOS update checks
- [FIX] Added retry support for repository, to compensate for some FTP servers in the cluster not being up to date
- [FIX] The script output some Blue text which was hard to read on the default PowerShell background color. Changed to Cyan.
- [FIX] Fixed a bug where category BIOS in Get-SoftpaqList filter was also returning OS entries.
[1.1.1] - October 2018
- [FIX] Repository module - A bug was causing operations in VM or non-HP machines to fail, and may have caused incorrect results in some corner cases.
- [FIX] Installer - The option to unpack without installing was missing.
[1.1.0] - September 2018
- [NEW] New module - SoftPaq Repository (repo). This allows for organizing SoftPaq downloads for one or more platforms.
- [NEW] New module - Firmware. This module adds support for viewing HP Sure Start logs, and replacing the 'hp' boot logo with an customer-provided log. Note that this module requires Windows 10.
- [NEW] BIOS and device module - BIOS settings functions now support -target \
parameter, which allows manipulating settings on a remote PC.
- [NEW] Warranty module - Support for environment-based configuration of key and secret in the warranty module
- [CHANGED] SoftPaq module - SoftPaqs can now optionally be referenced with the 'sp' prefix, rather than just the number.
- [CHANGED] All modules - Modules were reorganized to accommodate future reuse.
- [CHANGED] All modules - In-code documentation (via Get-Help) and online (developer portal) documentation is synchronized, and support for get-help -online switch.
- [CHANGED] All modules - Parameters were normalized for consistency.
- [FIX] Previously the modules were installed under %ProgramFiles%\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\HP.ClientScriptLibrary folder. This was causing some module load errors n certain platforms. Now they are installed directly to %ProgramFiles%\WindowsPowerShell\Modules folder.
- [FIX] SoftPaq module - A bug was fixed which was causing certain platform IDs to return a "404-not found" when querying HP.COM for SoftPaq data files.
- [FIX] SoftPaq module - A bug was fixed in the SoftPaq module which was causing extraneous output when retrieving a list of SoftPaqs for a platform.
- [FIX] Warranty module - Deprecation of some SSL protocols was not handled properly in some cases
- [FIX] Warranty module - Fixed support for warranty batch files with batch size of 1
- [FIX] bios-cli - Fixed multiple issues in bios-cli utility.
- [FIX] Multiple bug fixes across the library.
[1.0.0] - July 2018
- This is the initial release.