This document contains the release history for the Client Management Script Library.
- Library documentation: https://developers.hp.com/hp-client-management/doc/client-management-script-library
- Library downloads: https://hp.com/go/clientmanagement
[1.4.3] - March 2020
- [FIX] Fixed a bug where Softpaq SHA256 checksum was corrupted or mishandled, causing the repository to repeatedly download the same Softpaq.
- [FIX] Fixed a bug in HP Sure Recover support with nonce generation in regions where the decimal delimiter is a comma.
- [FIX] For HP Sure Recover support, fixed an issue with the endianness of handling x509 public keys.
[1.4.2] - March 2020
- [FIX] Fixed a bug where particular Softpaqs were being redownloaded due to hash mismatch even though the valid Softpaq existed.
- [FIX] Fixed a bug where the Library was throwing warning to display the progress bar for smaller sized Softpaqs and CVA files.
[1.4.1] - February 2020
- [NEW] HP Client Management Script Library is now available in the Powershell Gallery and can be installed via Install-Package HPCMSL
- [NOTE] This release doesn't add any features over 1.4.0 but contains metadata changes to synchronize with the Powershell Gallery release.
[1.4.0] - February 2020
- [NEW] Support for Secure Platform Management for provisioning, de-provisioning, and retrieving the current status of provisioning.
- [NEW] Support for managing HP Sure Recover, a comprehensive and flexible Recovery solution for HP Elite Computers.
- [NEW] Repository now has a new backward-compatible structure to download additional data files to support OfflineCacheMode for HP Image Assistant under .repository/cache/offline.
- [NEW] Added explicit messages for the functions that are not supported in WinPE.
- [NEW] Out-SoftpaqField displays 'Vendor Version' information now.
- [NEW] Adds support for new BIOS category 'BIOS - System Firmware'
- [FIX] Allows Repository Syncing for the platforms without depending on their case while adding them as Filter.
- [FIX] Fixed inconsistency in Data representation for different functions i.e. Get-SoftpaqList, Out-SoftpaqField.
- [REMOVED] Removed Library Maintenance Module from the library.
[1.3.0] - November 2019
- [NEW] Support for controlling HP Sure View.
- [NEW] Support for auto-updating from the command line.
- [NEW] Get-Softpaq now has -extract switch to extract Softpaq at desired Location.
- [NEW] Get-SoftpaqList and Add-RepositoryFilter now has new Softpaq Categories e.g. "manageability", "diagnostic", "utility", "dock" and "driverpack" to filter on.
- [NEW] Get-HPBiosUpdates now supports Release Type information.
- [CHANGED] The version field in add/remove programs is now 3 segments rather than four segments.
- [CHANGED] Warranty Module is removed since it's awaiting the return of the web service.
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where BIOS flash would get confused if there was a second leftover EFI partition on a second drive.
- [FIX] Fixed an issue which caused the -friendlyName switch to not work for Get-SoftpaqList
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where Get-HPDeviceDetails was not working on VM.
- [FIX] Fixed an issue with Get-HPBIOSUpdates where force flashing the BIOS wasn't working even though -Force was present.
- [FIX] Removes the unwanted exception that gets thrown after running Uninstall-CMSL
- [FIX] Prevents creating an extra file named '0' after flashing BIOS in the current directory.
- [FIX] Allows Syncing Repository behind a system proxy where ftp.hp.com is not directly reachable.
- [FIX] Support added for Invoke-RepositorySync to function if the Repository folder is in Network Path.
- [FIX] For Invoke-RepositorySync- the sync continues to work for valid platforms even if some added platforms to the Add-RepositoryFilter are invalid.
- [FIX] Added proper error messages for commands that are not supported for Legacy BIOS mode.
[1.2.1] - April 2019
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where the library could not be imported by user scripts.
- [FIX] Fixed issues related to using flash operations in Windows PE.
- [CHANGED] BIOS updates severity rating now uses values matching the Softpaq severity rating.
[1.2.0] - March 2019
- [NEW] Get-HPDeviceBootInformation quickly identifies if a system is booted in UEFI or Legacy and whether secure boot is on.
- [NEW] Get-HPDeviceUptime retrieves when the system was booted, and how long it's been up.
- [NEW] Get-HPBIosUpdates now supports downloading and flashing BIOS, on Windows 10 1709 and later.
- [NEW] Write-HPFirmwarePassword is a utility function that can create a BiosConfigUtility-compatible password
- [NEW] Update-HPFirmware can flash the BIOS from a file (it's used by Get-HPBiosUpdates above) on Windows 10 1709 and later.
- [NEW] Added Set/Get-RepositoryConfiguration to allow configuring error handlers for repository sync
- [NEW] Write-HPFirmwarePasswordFile can create a BCU compatible password file given a plain text password
- [NEW] Repository now has an SSM characteristic for filtering purposes
- [FIX] Repository can filter per version of Windows 10, specified via osver switch
- [FIX] Reliability/concurrency improvements
- [FIX] Get-HPBIOSUpdates can handle some source files that contain Unicode BOM and were previously causing errors
- [FIX] a number of fixes around proper creation of files relative to the current working directory, when an absolute path is not specified
- [FIX] A number of improved error messages
- [FIX] Removed an unnecessary CVA (metadata) query during download, for Repository module
- [FIX] Fixed warranty module HTTP user agent
- [FIX] Removed case sensitivity when specifying Softpaq type
- [FIX] Removed case sensitivity when specifying platform ID for BIOS update checks
- [FIX] Added retry support for repository, to compensate for some FTP servers in the cluster not being up to date
- [FIX] The script output some Blue text which was hard to read on the default Powershell background color. Changed to Cyan.
- [FIX] Fixed a bug where category BIOS in Get-SoftpaqList filter was also returning OS entries.
[1.1.1] - October 2018
- [FIX] Repository module - A bug was causing operations in VM or non-HP machines to fail, and may have caused incorrect results in some corner cases.
- [FIX] Installer - The option to unpack without installing was missing.
[1.1.0] - September 2018
- [NEW] New module - Softpaq Repository (repo). This allows for organizing Softpaq downloads for one or more platforms.
- [NEW] New module - Firmware. This module adds support for viewing HP Sure Start logs, and replacing the 'hp' boot logo with an customer-provided log. Note that this module requires Windows 10.
- [NEW] Bios and device module - Bios settings functions now support -target \
parameter, which allows manipulating settings on a remote PC.
- [NEW] Warranty module - Support for environment-based configuration of key and secret in the warranty module
- [CHANGED] Softpaq module - Softpaqs can now optionally be referenced with the 'sp' prefix, rather than just the number.
- [CHANGED] All modules - Modules were reorganized to accommodate future reuse.
- [CHANGED] All modules - In-code documentation (via Get-Help) and online (developer portal) documentation is synchronized, and support for get-help -online switch.
- [CHANGED] All modules - Parameters were normalized for consistency.
- [FIX] Previously the modules were installed under %ProgramFiles%\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\HP.ClientScriptLibrary folder. This was causing some module load errors n certain platforms. Now they are installed directly to %ProgramFiles%\WindowsPowerShell\Modules folder.
- [FIX] Softpaq module - A bug was fixed which was causing certain platform IDs to return a "404-not found" when querying HP.COM for Softpaq data files.
- [FIX] Softpaq module - A bug was fixed in the Softpaq module which was causing extraneous output when retrieving a list of Softpaqs for a platform.
- [FIX] Warranty module - Deprecation of some SSL protocols was not handled properly in some cases
- [FIX] Warranty module - Fixed support for warranty batch files with batch size of 1
- [FIX] bios-cli - Fixed multiple issues in bios-cli utility.
- [FIX] Multiple bug fixes across the library.
[1.0.0] - July 2018
- This is the initial release.